Integrating Plant Medicines - CBD & Cacao
Updated: Jun 22, 2020
Behind the scenes, the Ladies of Paradise team have each individually explored our spirituality and made an effort to go within, heal and grow. On each of our journeys we have learned something new and brought that forward to share with the group.
But recently we have decided to share those experiences with you.
On our paths we have each fallen in love with a variety of Plant Medicines for a myriad of reasons. But often when people talk about 'plant medicine' they are referring to magic mushrooms and psilocybin. The truth is though, there are so many magnificent and wonderful plant medicines in the world we rarely hear about. Que our new series Integrating Plant Medicines - we will dedicate this space to learning and talking about different types of plant medicines out there and the benefits people have experienced.
What is Cacao?
Cacao is the bean like seed of the Theobroma cacao tree. For the best benefits Cacao should be consumed raw. Many create a ceremonial drink of theirs, adding spices like cinnamon, cayenne powder and even vanilla. Cacao is known as the Sacred Seed because when it is consumed respectfully and intentionally it can connect you to the beautiful spiritual wisdom that lies within.
Spiritual Effects of Cacao:
- Heart Opening & Heart Chakra Connection
Ceremonial CBD Cacao Recipe:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Oat Milk [Or alternative milk of choice]
- CBD oil of choice [here's our fav!]
*grab your frothier if you have one and nutmeg
Before you Begin:
It's important to note that when drinking cacao for its spiritual purposes it is important to thank the plant and those who have helped it get into your hands. To put intention and energy into the mixture, to stir with love and intention. Cacao is great for helping you give and receive love as well as opening the heart chakra, so use this as an opportunity to . strengthen that chakra and the love and energy you put into this world.
If you have something specifically you are trying to learn from this journey do not be afraid to voice that and to ask the Cacao to help guide you and show you the way. To help connect you to your intuition and your spirit guides. This Sacred Seed is here to help you.
1. In a small pot place 2 TBSP Ceremonial Cacao Crumbles on low heat.
2. Using you mug as a the measuring cup at half a mugs worth of water and half of your alternative milk of choice and add it to the pot, slowly stirring. Make sure you never allow the mixture to come to a bowl, you want it to slowly heat and get just warm enough to drink but not to cook the cacao.
3. Sprinkle in cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper and stir until warm enough to drink.
4. Once you take your Cacao off the stove, add one dropper of CBD and stir - topping with cinnamon or nutmeg.
*optional: if you have a frothier and like that texture, I prefer using mine for about 15-30 seconds to allow the mixture to thicken and froth up.
If you want to take your ceremony a step further you can use CBD or CBG flower to intentionally inhale and exhale love, joy and peace.
We would love to know how you enjoy your Cacao, any recipes you use and your experience with this plant! Please reach out to connect with us more and to be highlighted on the blog!